Altar and Altar Rails
These date from the 17th century and the rails comply with the regulations laid down by the Bishop of Norwich in 1663: "Neer one yarde in height, so thick with pillars that dogges may not get in".
The Font dates from 1673. The marble is original, the cover a reproduction of the one destroyed in the bombing.
The only chained books in any London Church were the gift of Sir Hans Sloane (1661-1753), and consist of the Vinegar Bible (1717), two volumes of Foxe's Book of Martyrs (1684), a Prayer Book (1723) and Homilies (1683).
Present clock made by Dent, who built Big Ben, installed during rebuild. However recent research by horologist has discovered that the 1761 Edmund Howard clock, that was assumed destroyed in 1941, was present at Dent's workshop in 1958 and the search continues to find the whereabouts of this clock.